Bell Hardware traces its beginning to 1935 when Ed Bell moved to Klamath Falls and purchased Southern Oregon Hardware. The store sold residential hardware, sporting goods, paint, toys and much more, moving to its current location at 528 Main Street in 1939.
Following college and a stint in the military, Rod Bell joined the family business in 1956. Rod's vision was to expand the retail hardware store into a supplier of commercial hardware. He learned welding and purchased his first building to fabricate hollow metal doors and frames. In 1973 Rod expanded the commercial business by adding wood doors and Division 10 products and began opening branches in Medford, Eugene and Redding, Calif.
Bringing a background in marketing and sales, Rod's son John joined the business in 1993. Expansion continued in Bend, Portland and Salem. After Rod passed away in 2000, John became President of Bell Hardware. The Klamath Falls hollow metal fabrication facility underwent a major renovation in 2006 and in 2007 Bell Installation was founded.
Today, with 7 locations and 65 experienced employees, Bell Hardware is the premier supplier of commercial grade doors, frames and hardware in Oregon, Northern California and Southern Washington. The secret of our success is ongoing, long-term relationships with leading industry manufacturers, architects, builders, contractors and owners.
Our vision is continued growth by partnering with our customers and manufacturers to distribute quality products and excellent service delivered by our hard working, loyal and highly valued employees.